1. Welcome to the Orlando United Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

SeaWorld / Aquatica San Antonio

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by WAJAS98, Nov 23, 2015.

1. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

I don't remember where I remember some of you discussing this but thought might as well make a thread for the park because for some reason it doesn't already have one.

Behind the Thrills posted an article detailing some new schedules and additions for the park starting 2016.
    Behind the Thrills | SeaWorld San Antonio announces full schedule and additionadditions for 2016

It specifically mentions:

1. The three new experiences for Dolphin Point (a kind of smaller version of Discovery Cove), Dolphin Lagoon, Beluga Bay and Sea Lion Shallows. Each of these is simply replacing the already existing interaction programs with a longer and more professional program that starts at the Dolphin Point check-in area. The Sea Lion Shallows and Beluga Bay programs take a shuttle from the check-in area to their respective pools in SeaWorld.
    [​IMG]
    2. A confirmed new entrance for the SeaWorld San Antonio park and Dolphin Point. The arches will turn into an entrance into a hub area were guests will then continue to their desired park specific entrances, these are where admission will be required past.

Discuss...

2. *Q*

*Q* Member

I'm really glad to see this park continue to get some attention, it'd be easy to let this one slide with the company not doing so well.

3. MillenniumDragons

MillenniumDragons Member

Good to see them touching up on the S.A. park. Even before the company started going down I feel like the S.A. park was always neglected. Last major addition was Atlantis in 2007.

4. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

Would ya look at that, it seems my guess was correct. SeaWorld San Antonio got a new entrance area during the off season and you can now buy tickets to Aquatica and SeaWorld separately and when Discovery Point opens it will be like a third gate.

This is what SeaWorld Orlando would have ended up being set-up in the best case scenario.

5. Alexshow

Alexshow Veteran Member

*Q* likes this.
  6. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

This will by far be the best ride at that park. Although that isn't saying much considering what it's competing against.

7. Kumba's Roar

Kumba's Roar Newcomer

SeaWorld has filed a new trade mark, assumed to be for San Antonio's new coaster.
    Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster

8. Kumba's Roar

Kumba's Roar Newcomer

The new coaster is expected to cost about $18 million and begin construction in August. We should hear more in September.

9. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

SeaWorld San Antonio's twitter has been hinting at a new attraction announcement happening tomorrow, and it looks like construction walls are going up...

BBL likes this.
  10. Kumba's Roar

Kumba's Roar Newcomer

Forgot I was going to post this if no one had already, but some of the track for Wave Breaker has arrived at the park.

11. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Is this going to be a mimic of the one in Sea World Australia

12. Kumba's Roar

Kumba's Roar Newcomer

No, it's custom.

: seaworld