1. Welcome to the Orlando United Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon

Discussion in 'Water Parks, Resorts & More' started by Alexshow, Jun 8, 2016.

1. scott_walker

scott_walker Veteran Member

2. Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing Veteran Member

I don't think the question has even come up here on who manufactured the slide, but ProSlide confirmed it's them:

3. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

Disney's not gonna like that! They are really picky about the manufacturers not taking credit like that.

After coming to this thread after the VB thread it's kind of like "wow, this is the best they could do?". Then again I don't think VB will really hurt their attendance. With the limited availability that VB will have, there may be a boost for all the other waterparks in Orlando with people being turned away. Between that and the closure of Wet N Wild, I'd guess Aquatica will have a big attendance spike this year without adding anything new.

4. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

Are you seriously pooh-poohing a slide integrated into the landscape when compared to a giant plastic tinker toy? Have you actually driven by the construction site?

Next Big Thing likes this.
  5. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

I think VB looks awesome.

Cheezbat, 12th Man, Coasted and 2 others like this.
  6. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

I am happy to see Disney get some bang for its buck rather than reinvent the wheel every time.

ConvolutedFrippery likes this.
  7. Next Big Thing

Krakatau looks awesome.

The slides look they plucked things from Wet n' Wild.

adjjb, Coasted and SeventyOne like this.
  8. UNIrd

UNIrd V.I.P.

The only reason I visited Disney water parks 2x last year was because of how insane the line were to get into Aquatica. :lol: It's included in my SeaWorld AP and I can't even get in!

Coasted likes this.
  9. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

More Aquatica than Wet n Wild. Which is fine. They serve the same purpose (and probably same target market) as, say Rip Ride Rockit, which always has a line.

But I don't walk past RRR to Diagon Alley and say, "wow, is this the best they could do?"

Andysol and Next Big Thing like this.
  10. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

Not really, but whatever.

I'm guessing you are one of those that believes IOA is just like Six Flags. "I can see coaster track! This place sucks!"

Cheezbat likes this.
  11. scott_walker

I don't think that's a bad thing. WnW had the most fun rides.

Journey_On and Cheezbat like this.
  12. Next Big Thing

I'm actually of the belief that IOA is one of the best themed parks in Orlando, only behind DAK as far as immersion. Also, IOA only has 2 big coasters, which add nicely to the skyline. Almost the entire park's (VB) attraction line-up is unthemed and that's where I start taking an issue, especially when they are marketing this as a theme park.

But thanks for jumping to drastic conclusions. By now you should know my stance on most thing, I've only been on the site for 6 years...

And as I have said in the past, i'm sure I will love the park. It's simply not what I thought it would be when Teebin started talking about how it would be a "next level" park.

I'm not saying it's bad at all! The rides at VB look to be the most fund collection of water park slides in Orlando.

They just aren't something I would describe as "awesome".

Exactly. The park will be very popular and as said above, looks to be really fun. It's just different than I originally imagined.

And on the topic of RRR, i'm actually in the minority that likes the coaster. I love the kinetics it provides to the USF skyline.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    SeventyOne, adjjb and UNIrd like this.
  13. Coasted

Coasted Newcomer

[First post] Hi. Based on these January photos, when do you estimate the ride will open?

I ask because we are there early April and had seen "March / Spring" mentioned originally. We are too early for VB :-( so really hope this is open as enjoy Teamboat Springs. [Scott_Walker, Thanks for posting the photos]

scott_walker likes this.
  14. scott_walker

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

According to this article, it was saying March and quoted the Disney Blog as a source but the blog post is MIA:

New waterslide coming to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon | Blogs

Here are some other aerials but these are over 3 weeks old:

New aerials of Typhoon Lagoon's 'Miss Adventures Falls'

Typhoon Lagoon is closed until 11th March for refurbishment so the construction will be going full steam ahead with zero restrictions. I'd imagine they want the ride open for the park reopening.

15. Coasted

Coasted Newcomer

Thank you. That's great to see / hear. Fingers crossed. Cheers

Andysol and scott_walker like this.
  16. darkridelover

darkridelover Member

I don't understand what people are talking about. 95% of Miss Adventure Falls is just a free standing slide painted tan. Landscaped with trees. If it was bright red or blue it would look exactly like any slide from volcano bay. It's not embedded in super elaborate rock work in a highly themed environment. It's just a slide with some trees, and some theme elements at the entrance and exit of the ride. The same as volcano bay. I'm glad Disney is adding this attraction but let's not pretend its anything than what it is.

Cheezbat and scott_walker like this.
  17. Owen

Owen Newcomer

Why people are even comparing this and Volcano Bay is beyond me, one is an entire park that has to have money spent across 18 attractions, theming, catering and paving whilst the other is a single attraction that can have all funds dedicated toward it. That aside neither are finished or in a state that can be judged like a finished product...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  18. scott_walker

It's really all about what you can and can't see. @Owen is spot on, until it's complete, nobody can really have an opinion but can venture an educated guess.

Coasted and Owen like this.
  19. Llrocknroll87

Llrocknroll87 Member

There is one piece of the "theming" visible in the aerial pictures, a part of a shipwreck. I say the word theming lightly because I don't want to start another VB themez debate. Like all rides under construction it's impossible to judge something until you have seen the whole area or ride finished in its themed environment. I'm not saying this will be the most immersive or impressive ride around but until it's done I will reserve judgement and watch the progression. Also I am not trying to ruffle any feathers just giving my opinion.

Andysol, SeventyOne and scott_walker like this.
  20. scott_walker

Feel free to ruffle feathers, I think it's healthy for debate here. Everybody is valid to their opinion and it should be respected.

Andysol, SeventyOne, JoeCamel and 2 others like this.