1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Least Favorite HHN Houses

Discussion in 'General Horror Nights Discussion' started by Brian G., Mar 22, 2016.

1. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't a scene added later in the "finishing stages" because they realized how short it ended up being?

Andy likes this.
  2. RevFreako

RevFreako Member

There was a girl who was applying the battery clamps to her THIS IS A FAMILY FORUM that was so hilarious it made the whole house for me....

3. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

I don't know the details but that's what it felt like. There were a series of pretty much blank hallways with the pull down doors and scare actors behind them. It was definitely filler, but to me adding length doesn't really take away from what was there prior to that.

Cole likes this.
  4. Cole

Cole Veteran Member

lol sorry for the confusion. Don't get me wrong I loved giggles, it was my most anticipated house that year and it is really delivered in my opinion, however the final rooms with literally black walls with boo holes in them. Asylum had that one hallway where it was just strobe lights on psychedelic posters. I give 3D houses and HOH a pass because they're more stylistic choices than anything else. I applaud them when they make a small budget work such as HOH and giggles, insanely impressive in terms of that. These changes suck, however when it all works out you have to give them props for making it work, even if the quality is good or bad

5. RogueAntilles

RogueAntilles Rookie

1. People Under the Stairs Under Construction - All I remember is my brother and I walking out of the exit like, ohmygodwtfwasthat.
    2. Cold Blind Terror - "Working at the car wash!"
    3. Orpfanage: Ashes to Ashes - Cool story, half baked execution. Let Cindy RIP
    4. Reflections of Fear - Again, cool story but filled with bored scareactors and failed execution.
    5. Alice Cooper - I have a pretty good HHN house memory. I always seem to forget this one.
    6. Silent Hill - Such a waste
    7. Resident Evil - Another waste. Looked as if they built a set to a movie and didn't invite the actors.
    8. Blood Ruins - Forgettable soundstage house
    9. Jungle of Doom - Cool venue. Weak scareless bland house.
    10. 3 of the WD houses besides End of Line

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    SeventyOne likes this.
  6. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

^ I forgot about PUTS:UC aka, the palette house..

I think Silent Hill was one of the worst based on the fact that it had so much potential and content

SeventyOne and RogueAntilles like this.
  7. Madara_Uchiha

Madara_Uchiha Newcomer

I've been going for a while (I wish) and I'll have too say one name and that's it

Roanoke the forgotten maze

8. Skipper Justin

Skipper Justin Member

"Meat!"

RevFreako likes this.
  9. Brad

Brad Newcomer

Here are my least favorite:

-Friday the 13th: Camp Blood (2006)
    -Havoc: Dogs of War
    -From Dusk Till Dawn
    -The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead
    -Lunatics’ Playground

It's funny that People Under the Stairs is a consistent "worst" house - this was my first house ever at HHN. In hindsight, it was pretty awful, but still so much better than the usual stuff you get at a regional theme park or other local haunt. I think we did three houses that first year in 2006 (including the poop wall in Psychoscarapy: Maximum Madness, which was awesome). We were such amateurs.

maroonmol and SeventyOne like this.