1. Welcome to the Orlando United Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by Alexshow, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing Veteran Member

The ST 2.0 change over and TT 2.0 conversions were 10 month jobs so it's not that Disney can't do this. Soarin 2.0 opened overnight.

As far as builds go, this is closest to Test Track (GOTG will have taken roughly 7-8 months given they started a lot of work with ToT still open)

2. scott_walker

scott_walker Veteran Member

I remember TT taking a lot longer than 10 months for some reason. I'm still trying to get my head around the differences in scale and complexity. Logically I think the bigger jobs should take longer but that's obviously not the case.

3. Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing Veteran Member

Looking back, it actually took about 7.5 months for Test Track's conversion. Star Tours also took less than the 10 months I mentioned too at around 8 months.

Test Track last day of operation: 4/15/2012
    Test Track 2.0 first day of operation: 12/6/2012 (soft opening 12/1)

Star Tours last day of operation: 9/7/2010
    Star Tours: The Adventure Continues first day of operation: 5/20/2011 (soft opening 5/14)

So GotG is pretty much fitting right on those schedules considering they started work when ToT was still in operation. Of course the closure to open date will be much sooner at around just under 5 months.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    scott_walker likes this.