1. Welcome to the Orlando United Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Cedar Fair Parks

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by MillenniumDragons, Aug 18, 2016.

1. MillenniumDragons

MillenniumDragons Member

This is for all things related to amusement parks in the Cedar Fair chain, excluding Cedar Point, which already has a thread.
    Today, the Cedar Fair parks have announced an entire slate of new attractions for 2017. The list of new attractions at each park is below.

California's Great America @CAGreatAmerica
    • Patriot (The park's Vortex stand-up coaster will be converted into a floorless coaster)
    Carowinds @Carowinds
    • The New County Fair, featuring 4 new rides: Electro-Spin, Zephyr, Rock n' Roller, and Do-Si-Do
    Dorney Park @DorneyParkPR
    • Two flat rides: Dodgem and Kaliedoscope and a new show, Cirque Imagine
    Kings Island @KingsIslandPR
    • Mystic Timbers, a GCI wooden coaster
    Knott's Berry Farm @knotts
    • Knott's Soak City is receiving two new water slides
    Valleyfair @ValleyfairMN
    • Northstar, a 230ft Starflyer
    Worlds of Fun @worldsoffun
    • Two new flat rides called Falcon's Flight and Mustang Runner and a redesigned front entrance.

Just wanted for everybody be in the loop about other park's future additions.

2. SkiBum

SkiBum Member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  3. fryoj

fryoj Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
    SkiBum likes this.
  4. SkiBum

SkiBum Member

I was tired last night and couldn't figure out how to toggle it. It was very frustrating.

5. SkiBum

SkiBum Member

So, I looked in the general information and you had this wonderful explanation to set spoilers. So, I updated and appreciate your help. Although, I felt pretty stupid when I saw that you had that explanation right there in front of me.

fryoj likes this.
  6. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Hi, I rode it Thursday night 8 times during the first rider auction. First things first, the ride is amazing. It wastes no speed and hits with tons of positive and negative Gs. It's like the Maverick of wooden coasters; it's the anti Son of Beast.

The Shed (heavy spoilers)

I hope this explains what's inside the shed. It's much better to see it in person than to read about it.

(light spoilers/general review of Shed parts)

This ending is way better than the ending to Adventure Express.

SkiBum and Disneyhead like this.
  7. SkiBum

SkiBum Member

Thanks for a great review. I am glad to hear that you thought it better than Adv Express. That ride has the most disappointing ending of any ride that I have experienced. I am looking forward to Mystic Timbers (for the coaster itself more so than the Shed) and hope to ride it in May.

I like the comment "anti-SOB". SOB wasted so much speed and opportunity. Stupid coaster who beat me to nearly to death.